05 Nov We are recruiting!
We are looking for an associate solicitor who is organised, reliable and well presented with excellent written and verbal communication skills to work within our litigation team. It is likely that you will currently be working for a well-regarded commercial firm in either London or the regions and specialise in Commercial Litigation law.
It is important that you have a proactive, ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to act on your own initiative. The department is busy and it will be necessary for you to be able to multi-task and prioritise your workload. You should be PC literate with good typing skills and excellent attention to detail.
Job Title: Associate Solicitor (2+ years PQE)
Salary: TBA (depending on qualifications and experience)
Start Date: Jan / Feb 2019 (permanent contract with six months probationary period)
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Managing own case load (extent and breadth will be dependent on experience)
- preparing cases for and attendance at hearings (Case Management Conferences, hearings of Interlocutory applications) and/or conferences,
- assisting with case progression throughout all stages of the litigation process including pre-action correspondence ensuring compliance with any relevant pre-action protocol, disclosure (the preparation of and the review and analysis of both sides), witness statements, instructing experts and trial preparation.
- Preparation for and attendance at mediation
- Preparing application notices, witness statements and orders for a variety of applications
- Preparing comprehensive instructions and briefs to counsel
- Preparing costs budgets for clients and statements of costs for use at hearings
- Managing the process for preparation of court bundles
- Liaising with third parties such as litigation funders and the provision of any documents requested to progress applications with such parties
- Corresponding with clients and ensuring they are kept informed of all developments in their case
- Corresponding with others such as solicitors, professional bodies, the court and counsel’s clerk in a timely manner
The litigation practice is ranked and recognised by the legal directories. The team itself has significant expertise in High Court litigation, ADR, arbitration, adjudication and court proceedings.
The team covers a broad range of Commercial Litigation. Areas covered by the department include:
Banking & Finance disputes; Business & Share Acquisition disputes; Commercial Contracts disputes; Corporate Recovery & Insolvency disputes; Fraud; Merger Acquisition Issues
The core working hours are 09:00 to 17.30 hours, however the firm operates a flexible working environment. Longer hours may be required on occasion when a heavy work load demands.
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter detailing your suitability and availability (possible start date) for this role to Ingrid Whitehead:
by email: email@example.com, or
by post: Croft Solicitors, 19 Imperial Square, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 1QZ